Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Best Salad and Lasagna

Lasagna recipe to come soon! But the kids woke up from their naps!!
So this is the best salad I have ever had! And I have been craving it ever night!! Just try the dressing it is SOOOO good! I promise it is worth all of the effort!! The almonds are amazing!

Aunt Dixie's Party Salad (serves 12)

Dressing

2 Cups Vegetable Oil

1 Cup Red Wine Vinegar

2 Cups Sugar

4 teaspoons Dry Mustard

¼ of Red Onion

Pinch of Salt

Place all the ingredients above into a blender and mix until creamy and smooth. Pour over salad mixture when ready to serve. This recipe makes more dressing than is needed. Keep the leftovers for future parties.

Caramelized Slivered Almonds
Put approximately 2 cups of slivered almonds into a skillet on stove top. Add 4 tablespoons of butter with 1 cup of sugar and stir until browned. Immediately after the almonds are browned lay them flat on a baking sheet to cool. Break apart and sprinkle over salad mixture when ready to serve.

Salad Mixture

1 head of Iceberg Lettuce (rinse and cut)

2 Bags of European salad mix (Italian or spinach would work too)

1 lb. of Bacon cooked and crumbled into small pieces.

1 package of craisins (Optional)

Handful of Mozzarella (Optional)

2 comments:

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Oh wow that salad looks to die for! I need to copy it and print it off and make it! wow! I have to go shopping tomorrow. . . .looks like i have stuff to add to my list, Now for the lasagna. . . I will look forward to that post, I LOVE lasagna and I have been craving it so its funny you posted that! I love that you post these so I can try them!!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the recipe Megan. I am going to make it for the baby shower we are doing for Hope.

Your boys are so cute. You are a great mom. Enjoy every minute you have with them. It goes by so fast!

I miss seeing you at the district office.

Take Care,

Rhonda