Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

2nd Birthday
























I asked Derek about a week ago what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. I showed him a picture of a really cute farm cake and a picture of a Lightning McQueen Cake. I thought for sure he would pick Lightning! But after looking at both cakes he turned to me and said "lawn mower cake"! So that is what he got! I made it myself, so it is not the best but he loved it!! He loved blowing out the candles and wants to do it everyday now. I told him that we only get to do that on our birthday so he told me while pointing to himself "my birthday, okay light fire"! He is a funny kid! He loved his truck for Grandma and Papa Liles and his saw from Grandma and Grandpa Ford. And his Great Grandparents sent him the cutest cards!! Derek is loved! The neighbor down stairs even gave him a card, ha ha she thinks he is super cute! Overall I think his 2nd birthday was a success!

4 comments:

Ben and Cjirsten said...

the lawn mower cake turned out so cute!!!! Good work! Him asking for a lawn mower cake has to be the cutest thing I have ever heard, I love talking to him on skype about it just to hear him say lawn mower cake lawn mower cake! He really is the cutest little boy! All his presents look so fun! I love kids birthdays! Sorry I never could call you back on skype the other day, by the time I could again it was really late and I figured he was in bed.

Greg and Michelle said...

Wow! That cake is amazing, Megan! Great Job! I am glad that Derek had a great 2nd birthday! Isaac is so tall now! I hope everything is well with you all in ABQ. Here in Utah, we are enjoying the last of the fall colors. Are there fall colors in New Mexico?
I hope so!

Ashley said...

What do you mean you dont think the cake turned out cute? Meg seriously the cake is ADORABLE! You are amazing, cant even believe it! Happy Birthday Derek!

Crystal said...

ADORABLE!!