Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Stop and Breath

I am not a patient person! This is one reason pregnancy is such a trial for me. But seriously I think that I am learning patients this year and it has not been that easy! I just tell myself stop and breath. We are trying to sell our home in Utah without much success and so while we wait we are living in an apartment! Lets just say once you have owned your own home, going back to an apartment is a real disappointment!! Especially with two children. Last night at 7pm I hear a knock at the door and who is it? The neighbor from below us! She was upset because she could hear Derek running back and forth in the living room. I am not a big confrontational person (if I were I would have told her that I can hear her music at 2am but I didn't) so I told her I was sorry and would try and get him to be quite!! She also said that she can hear us when we get up in the morning and that it is too early and we need to be quite. My kids go to bed at 7pm and get up at 6:30 to 7am. I think that is reasonable. So today I have been trying to get Derek not to run. And it is impossible!! So I guess the people below us will just have to hate us!! Two year old's and apartments don't mix!! Anyways sorry for being a baby but I really miss having a home... I pray the house will sell so we can move! BTW one thing I hate about ABQ EVERYONE SMOKES!! Another reason I want to be in a home, so I don't have to smell it!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh Megan, That really is the worst. We had an apartment neighbor like that when we moved to Utah. They use to POUND non-stop on the walls whenever they thought we were too loud. One day it was only me making dinner and they pounded for 30 minutes and then tried to turn us in for LAUGHING too loudly. I feel your pain. She doesn't sound like she knows what apartment living is all about. Maybe you could move to a ground floor if htey apartments are willing to do that for you. I know that we rented our house pretty quick if that might be an option for you? I'll pray it sells soon for you though.

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Holy cow that is horrible! I have not had to go back to an apt. but just going back to renting I thought sucked bad enough but wow that would have really made me so mad! And um you lied! You are a patient person! At least I think you are! Anyway I will keep prayen you guys sell your house. that really sounds miserable! And that really would be impossible to get any 2 year old to hold still! That lady makes me mad! You have a right to be upset about it! Hang in there though hopefully things will get better :)

Kirsten said...

Amen sista! We're looking toward to getting a house too! ;). Hang in there.