Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Yummy...

Whole wheat bread:

5 c. hot water
2/3 c. oil
2/3 c. honey
3 (heaping) T. yeast
2 T. salt

mix all these and wait one minute

5 c. wheat flour
dough enhancer (about a T.)

mix these in well and then add the other flour

9-10 c. wheat flour - add until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl

Knead (autoknead is about five minutes on a K-tec)

Wait about 10 minutes after you've kneaded it
Mold into loaves (it usually makes 5-6 regular sized loaves) - let stand for 30 minutes
Bake for approximately 20 minutes @ 350.

Carrot Soup (serves about 8)

1 chopped onion (should be about 3/4 c.)
1 T. butter
2 (heaping) c. sliced carrots
1/2 t. thyme
I clove crushed garlic
6 c. chicken broth
2 (heaping) c. cubed peeled potatoes
1 small bay leaf
2 T. buttermilk
pesto

Instructions:
Saute onions carrots, thyme, and garlic in butter for 10 minutes
Add chicken broth, potatoes and bay leaf
Boil for 20 minutes
Take bay leaf out
Blend in blender
Return to pan and stir in buttermilk (I forgot to do this in ours today -sorry)
Pepper to taste
Serve with spoonful of pesto

2 comments:

Ashley said...

is this maryanne's carrot soup recipe? i keep meaning to ask her for it- way to save the day!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

I have never had carrot soup before. . I think I should try it though it looks really good! And the bread looks good too! I need to print these both off! I have all your others printed off, and love them! Now I just keep hoping the pumpkin cookies will show up on here one day :) I know not until your in Utah :) And man I am sorry you don't have your sewing machine, your comment made me laugh though. I only made the dress not the dog.