Thursday, September 30, 2010
It is 6:30 AM and we all just rolled out of bed... this means my hair is not done and I have no make-up on but I did brush my teeth! ;)
In New Mexico they have a Balloon Fiesta! Literally hundreds of balloons are in the air all day for two weeks! It officially starts tomorrow! But the elementary school by the house had two balloons come to the school and launch! This is Derek watching them get ready to hookup the balloon!
My cute man in his Halloween jams!
And here we go!
Derek decided this was a safe distance to be from the balloons!
The process took over an hour and Derek sat on my lap the whole time! This is what we need so we can watch conference tomorrow!
We asked Derek if he wanted to get closer! He said "No, noisy and scary."
But really he loved it!
We can see balloons from our balcony!
We are excited to go to the actual Balloon Fiesta but this was fun!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
1. Playing "Where did Derek go" with the shower curtain during his bath.
2. Derek telling me which way to go in the store and when I go the wrong way he tells me "No, I am the boss".
3. Derek wakes up in morning knowing exactly what he wants for breakfast! Today it was pancakes and bacon!
4. When we go to the park Derek always wants to take his scooter!
5. Derek always want to take his bath with Isaac.
6. When Derek has timeout he says "I sorry, I sorry, hug, hug".
Things I love about Isaac:
1. When he wakes up from his naps he is so happy and kissable!
2. Playing peek-a-boo is super fun.
3. He watches Derek run around and ride his scooter and it make him laugh!
4. When Kurtis is holding him but I am talking he always looks for me (mama's boy)!
5. When he cries he says "mama bababa mama" it is super cute!
Things I love about Kurtis (my sweetheart):
1. He is super cute when he plays with the kids and they love him!
2. He works super hard and never lets the stress of work come home with him.
3. He loves my cooking.
4. Calls me to thank me everyday for his yummy lunch!
5. Listens to me when I have silly things to say!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
To make the blondie cake whip the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks. Add softened butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until smooth. Mix in milk, white chocolate chunks, and walnuts. Pour ingredients into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown on top. Slice cake into 8 equal slices when cool.
While cake bakes, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl with an electric mixer.
To prepare dessert, heat a small skillet on your stove over high heat for about 5 minutes. A cast-iron skillet is best. (You can also serve the dessert on a plate, but you'll miss out on the showy sizzle.) Arrange the cake in the center of the skillet or plate. Heat up the sauce for 30 to 60 seconds in the microwave until hot. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the cake, then drizzle some of the sauce over the top, followed by a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
My beautiful baby boy! I love him so much!
Sometimes I need to reminded Derek to "love your brother". But other times the love is just to much and he can not stop kissing Isaac!
Yes Derek is kissing/licking Isaac and yes Isaac is terrified!
Isaac had to much love form Derek!