Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hiking in New Mexico!











We went hiking on Saturday!! After getting all the gear packed (water, juice, sandwiches, grapes, sunscreen, the camera, etc.) we jump in the car and drive up the mountain. We get there and get out, get the kid in the packs and I realize.... I did not put on my sneakers... I was wearing flip flops (from when I took out the trash). Oh man, we decided to just go anyways, everything was fine until we got to a really sandy area. I slipped with Isaac on my front and fell. To protect him I caught myself by landing with my hand in a cactus! Also, I applied sunscreen on sweet baby Isaac multiple times but he still sunburned!! That is a red head for you! Derek had a blast on the hike! We saw a snake and we were worried it was a rattle snake but I do not think it was. Anyways hiking in New Mexico is very very hot because there is very little shade from trees. But a good experience and good exercise.





1 comment:

Ben and Cjirsten said...

um. . . . . . OUCH!!! ha ha I have totally done similar things but it does not make it hurt any less! That is pretty funny that you forgot the sneakers! ha ha totally sounds like something I would do. But The pictures of Isaac are so cute! He is adorable! I love his smile! I want to hold him and play with him! It looks very pretty there I want to come and hike, its funny because hiking here is very cold and wet! so its like total opposite.