Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hyperemisis Gravidarum Part 2

I have been on the Zofran pump since the end of February.  I am feeling better, still throwing up only 1-2 times a day.  The real struggle has been moving from a bland to normal diet.  I still can not eat sugar or red meat.

Since being on the pump I have gain 5 lbs!! Yippee!! So this sadly prompted the insurance company to decided that I no longer "needed" the pump.  They told me that they would like to wean me off the pump to oral Zofran.  I would love to get off the pump and no longer stick myself and lug the pump around.  However when I asked the insurance company if I would be given 40 mg of Zofran tablets, they told me no only 16 mg a day. Hmmm.... I was surprised that this was the plan because with 40 mg of Zofran I still throw up daily.  I expressed my concern but the weaning process started.  Well to everyone's surprised I became very sick again with the lower rate of medicine, 32 mg a day.   My ketones were elevated (a sign of dehydration and lack of nutrition) and I lost 2 lbs (2 of my precious 5 lbs).  After 4 days on the lower rate through the pump they raised my rate back up to the 40 mg a day. 

I went to the  doctor this morning and they ordered another ultrasound to make sure that the baby is growing.  Apparently it is bad if you lose weight in the third trimester.  I am measuring 2 weeks behind but I feel the little guy kick all of the time!! I think he is strong and growing but we will have to see!  I am just hoping that I will start to feel good and I can not wait to meet this little guy!! I love him so much already!! 

4 comments:

Scott and Amanda said...

Im so sorry I any even imagin what your goin through I hope you get comfort soon when are you due again?

Scott and Amanda said...

I am so sorry I can't even imagine what your going through when are you due again?

Ashley said...

oh Meg, that sucks, no other way to put it! We are praying for you! And FYI if I could give you 5lbs i would in a heartbeat! Keep us posted!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

you have to post after your ultra sound and let me know how baby boy is doing :) I am really glad they got your pump meds back up! Ya gotta love insurance companys. . .ha ha NOT! Glad to hear you are kinda doing better though :)