Derek Age

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Isaac's Age

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seriously... Could I get any luckier?

After coming home on Sunday from Kurtis' parents house I noticed that my neck was starting to itch. No big deal right. Well the itching quick spread until it was basically covering my entire body. I asked Kurtis to take a look and he told me that it looked liked hives. Hmmm... I did not eat anything new, no new soap or lotion. I thought this is strange, took a benadryl and tried to go to bed. No one got much sleep with all the itching I was doing. When I got up the next morning I was feeling better, my skin was raw but it did not itch with the same intensity. I thought that it must have been some kind of fluke. Latter that day the hives came back. And then the next day, they came back. I decided to call me doctor and just tell her what was going on. She told me that it was either my liver failing (I did a blood test this morning for that) or Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP), also known as polymorphic eruption of pregnancy, is the most common rash in pregnant women. It normally occurs in first pregnancies during the third trimester with an average onset of 35 weeks. And usually only happens if you are having a boy. But here is the best part, there is nothing they can do for it except benadryl and it only happens to 1% of pregnant women. 1%.... could I be any luckier. So I am hoping that it is PUPPP and not liver failure but we will get the result back soon. So in the mean time I am one itchy mom!

1 comment:

Huber Family said...

Man what a bummer, I hope for # 2 for you as well.